Sunday, August 31, 2008

Practicing and praying

I'm just back from Mass. Usually I am ready for a nap, but today I'm energized. We're getting ready for our Parish Mission in just a few weeks, then we start an expanded Sunday School program for our young people, then we have our Homecoming in October. We keep having new people every week and also people who were members years ago are coming back to check us out. After Mass we ran through the Anglican Use Liturgy of the Word for our presentions beginning next week. I hadn't sung the Willan Kyrie and Gloria in years until I introduced them to Sandy our cantor and Kathy our organist last week. They are so positive. Kathy raves about the organ, and Sandy reports many supportive comments and curious inquiries from area musicians and liturgists. The members of Our Lady of Hope were so at home with the Kyrie and Gloria I couldn't get them to stop. They seem to be afraid to get their hopes up, asking "Will anybody come? Will we be the only ones?" I keep looking at the signs and I see answered prayers all around us. We now have three aspiring deacons who will assist in the liturgy. But I am praying that God will send us many more people who are ready to come home to the Catholic Church, others who are curious, and other people of good will who can help out. We'll keep praying and practicing.

2 comments:

kuanyin said...

Oh Father, it was so beautiful, we wouldn't have wanted to stop! I was afraid I might break down crying, it felt so good to sing them again. It is one thing to talk about what is coming up, but this was real. God bless you for taking this endeavor on. I hope that newcomers will be as moved as I was the first time I worshiped in a similar manner. And to think that this liturgy will be even stronger and truer than what I have ever known, it truly glorious.

Unknown said...

Oooh, wish I could've been there!! see you both soon.